Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Sunday, June 08, 2014

AVOIDING THE DARK HEART


  • I am trying not to get a dark heart.  That's why I put the George Harrison song on the blog today....beware of darkness.....  Watch out now, take care....Beware of greedy leaders....They take you where you should not go.  
  • It's hard though to watch the global war machine punishing so many innocent people around the world and not feel it.... my heart weeps and wails.  I am furious with my own corporate-dominated  'government' and I know there is little I can do to directly impact Washington and damn near everyone else knows it as well.  That's why it is so hard to get people moving these days.  Many folks have given up.  But how can we turn our backs on those who are being killed with weapons we make and pay for?  I just can't look the other way.
  • I sent Diana Johnstone a message of thanks yesterday for her great article on Ukraine.  I told her I sent it to our Global Network email list, posted on Facebook, and on this blog.  I've been glad in the last couple months to see her writings again.  I've been reading her stuff for years....in the 1980's she was a primary source of information on Europe during the last Cold War.  She wrote back this morning and reminded me that she used to write "for In These Times, which banned me because of what I wrote about Yugoslavia.  The Nation also stopped taking my articles for the same reason: wrong line on Yugoslavia."  She was right about US-NATO breaking Yugoslavia into pieces as they have since done to Iraq and are now doing to Ukraine and want to do to Russia as well.  Even many in the 'progressive' media have a tendency to avoid the truth when the war drums start beating.
  • I've been out working in the garden this morning.  Helps keep me a bit more sane.  Our veggies are coming along and flowers here in Maine are blooming.  Reminds me that mother nature keeps on grinding away no matter what comes....that is where I get my inspiration and hope. 

1 Comments:

Blogger LJansen said...

Thank your for your wonderful work here and in the world, Bruce. Diana Johnstone is amazing, standing up to that censorship and sailing on. Where will we land? Hard to say, but your work helps us all keep going.

6/9/14, 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home