Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RAMBLINGS WITH A RUNNY NOSE


It's snowing just a wee bit outside
barely noticeable except for a few tiny flakes
that fall in the cold of the day
walking the dog
with my nose dripping
like a leaky faucet.

First draft of newsletter back
from layout designer
few things don't fit right
few words here or there
out of place
a good edition all in all
but I still feel grumpy reading it
must be my aching body.

Housemate arrives with load
of assorted squash from local organic farm
no one from soup kitchen
willing to pick it up.

I've rearranged my office
a surge of energy
the dusty clutter got to me
I needed a comfortable chair
to watch Wizards lose their games
on NBA Internet channel
my one diversion
sports now completely under control
of corporations
like everything else these days.

Homer wants his long walk
thru the woods
a sniffers wonderland
I only had energy for around the block
he's disappointed
and letting me know it.

Regis came by to talk Jeju shop
his film is coming along
he's working hard
excited about historical connections
photos, film, stories from past massacres
the 7th Cavalry deja vu
from Wounded Knee to Korea.

Julian was great on the radio the other night
a damn good spokesman for a different way
'each according to his ability, to each according to his need'
sharing rather than the greedy earth gobbling
capitalism we now have
a christian concept maybe
but might hurt collection plate on Sunday.

A friend wonders if I have any good news
a few things I reply
have to search hard in the brain housing
to find them
but I know they are there
the smells of good food, laughter, song,
a smiling face
a determined protester braving the winds
of fascism
standing in front of a cold stone government building.

It's not a poem
its musing
not amusing
but still is what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home