Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

HEADING TO VFP CONFAB


I am in the Boston airport waiting for my flight to Miami, Florida where I will attend the annual Veterans for Peace convention.

I was up at 5:00 am to catch a ride with MB to Portland where I jumped on the bus to Boston.  I am not usually an early riser.

I will be speaking in three workshops and one plenary session at the convention.  I'll also be speaking on Thursday night at a local church program to remember Hiroshima-Nagasaki bombing by the U.S. 67 years ago.

Many young people don't know that the U.S. is the only country that has ever used a nuclear weapon.  From all the talk by the Pentagon about Iran and North Korea you'd think the U.S. was a saintly nation.  Not so at all.  It's called blind hypocrisy.

I will be seeing several old friends from my Florida days which is exciting.  Being in hot and humid Miami in August is a bit less thrilling.

The VFP confab comes at an important time as Obama ramps up U.S. involvement in Syria and we face the growing possibility of an attack on Iran.  Our peace groups need to resist being baited by all the "election" hoopla and must stay focused on our work to end war and cut military spending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home