Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, February 14, 2008

IN TAOS

I am in Taos, New Mexico now. This morning I spoke to 25 high school students at an alternative school and then went to a local radio station for a 10-minute live interview to promote my talk tonight that is open for the public.

Taos is a beautiful place, with snow capped mountains all around, and yes almost all of the buildings here have a similar look as the one in the picture above.

New Mexico Democrats are still counting their votes from the "Super Tuesday" caucus. I've heard that 17,000 Native people and poor Hispanics got to the polls and discovered their names had been purged from voting lists. So even when the Democrats run an election, fraud is still used to keep the poor and working class from voting. It's a class war in America.

In the morning I speak at a public high school and then will be driven two hours north to Alamosa, Colorado for a talk at the local college. From there I will head further north to Colorado Springs where I catch a plane back to Boston.

Mary Beth will pick me up in Boston and we'll hang around there for a couple days so we can see my son Julian who is coaching a high school debate team from Texas, where he lives, at a tournament at Harvard. So that will be a nice treat for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home